Volcanic eruptions in Italy, Carnival celebrations around the world, fighting in Iraq and Syria, an unusual Oscars ceremony, an annular solar eclipse seen in Argentina, and much more.
- A tourist stands in front of Italy’s Mount Etna, Europe’s tallest and most active volcano, as it spews lava during an eruption on the southern island of Sicily, Italy, on February 28, 2017.
- Jordan Horowitz, producer of "La La Land," shows the envelope revealing "Moonlight" as the true winner of best picture at the Oscars on February 26, 2017, at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. Presenter Warren Beatty and host Jimmy Kimmel look on from right.
- Firefighters investigate the scene after a small plane crashed into the roof of a condominium building across the Merrimack River from Lawrence Municipal Airport on February 28, 2017, in Methuen, Massachusetts.
This picture taken on February 24, 2017 shows a Tibetan monk dressed as a demon performing a dance for the Beating Ghost festival during a rehearsal at the Yonghe Temple, also known as the Lama Temple, in Beijing. The Beating Ghost festival, or Da Gui festival in Chinese, is an important ritual in Tibetan Buddhism and is believed to expel evil spirits and shake off troubles. #
- Men help lift a fallen tombstone at the Jewish Mount Carmel Cemetery, February 26, 2017, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Police say more than 100 tombstones were vandalized a week after a Jewish cemetery in St. Louis was desecrated.
- Deer walk past Indonesia’s honor guard as they wait for the arrival of Saudi King Salman at the presidential palace in Bogor, Indonesia, on March 1, 2017. Salman arrived in the world’s largest Muslim nation on Wednesday as part of a multi-nation tour aimed at boosting economic ties with Asia.
- Indian passengers hang onto a train as it departs from a station on the outskirts of New Delhi on February 28, 2017. #
- An annular solar eclipse, as seen from the Estancia El Muster, near Sarmiento, Argentina, on February 26, 2017. #
- Viola Davis attends the 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party hosted by Graydon Carter at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on February 26, 2017, in Beverly Hills, California.
- A cat yawns outside Eyup Sultan Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey, on February 27, 2017. #
- A United States Air Force F-16 takes part in flying displays at the 2017 Air Tattoo at RNZAF Base Ohakea on February 25, 2017 in Ohakea, New Zealand. The Royal New Zealand Air Force was celebrating its 80th Anniversary.
- Mount Etna, Europe’s most active volcano, spews lava during an eruption, near the Sicilian town of Catania, southern Italy, on February 28, 2017. The eruption was not dangerous and the airport of Catania is still open and fully operating.
- A model wears a creation for Maison Margiela’s Fall-Winter 2017/2018 ready to wear fashion collection presented on March 1, 2017, in Paris.
- A giant so-called "Tank Bike", powered by an engine from a T55 tank and constructed of former military equipment is pictured at a bike fair in Hamburg, Germany, on February 25, 2017.
- Displaced Iraqis who just fled their homes are transported to refugee camps as Iraqi forces battle with ISIS militants, in western Mosul, Iraq, on February 28, 2017.
- Confiscated sharing bicycles of different brands are seen at a parking lot of Huangpu District Vehicle Management Company in Shanghai, China, on March 1, 2017.
- Turkish medics carry a dog that Turkish soldiers rescued from the debris of a building after an explosion in Syrian town of Al-Bab, in Gaziantep, southern Turkey, on March 2, 2017.
- A performer from the Uniao da Ilha samba school parades during Carnival celebrations at the Sambadrome in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on February 27, 2017.
- A reveler is seen in the bathroom during carnival celebrations in Gijon, northern Spain, on February 27, 2017. #
- Spectators look at a burning installation during the performance devoted to Maslenitsa, or Pancake Week, a pagan holiday marking the end of winter in the village of Nikola-Lenivets, Kaluga region, Russia, on February 25, 2017.
- An activist paints the wall between the United States and Mexico during a demonstration against US President Donald Trump on the border of Ciudad Juarez with Nuevo Mexico, Chihuahua State, Mexico, on February 26, 2017.
- Rats drink milk donated by Hindu devotees inside the Karni Mata temple, where thousands of rats are fed, protected and worshipped throughout the year, at Deshnoke near Bikaner, in the desert Indian state of Rajasthan, India.
- The high heel shoes of a runner are seen as he prepares to take part in the annual Little Black Dress run at Centennial Park on February 26, 2017 in Sydney, Australia. The 3km charity run is part of Sydney’s Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras festival.
- Afghan boys carry water as they climb a hill in Kabul, Afghanistan, on February 20, 2017. #
- Members of the Iraqi army’s 9th Division fire a rocket launcher from a hill in Talul al-Atshana, on the southwestern outskirts of Mosul, on February 27, 2017, during an offensive to retake the city from ISIS fighters.
- A young boy runs down a footpath in the village where Siti Aisyah, the Indonesian women arrested in connection with the assassination of Kim Jong-nam, was raised on February 27, 2017 in Serang, Indonesia.
A big reveler from the Portuguese village of Podence, dressed in a traditional costume during annual Carnival festivities on February 26, 2017 in Macedo de Cavaleiros, Portugal. Revelers, known as ‘Caretos’ wear brass or wooden masks and dress up in costumes made of dyed wool and with cowbells in their belts. They shout and chase people in the streets to scare them, with single women being their main target. Once they corner someone, they bang their cowbells against the person. #
- Somali traders attempt to salvage some of their wares from the burning stalls at the main Bakara market in Somalia’s capital of Mogadishu on February 27, 2017.
- Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway takes a picture of U.S. President Donald Trump with members of the Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the Oval Office of the White House, on February 27, 2017, in Washington, DC.
- An Iraqi special forces soldier carries a woman injured during a battle between Iraqi forces and ISIS fighters in Mosul, Iraq, on February 28, 2017.
This article was sourced from http://news6radar.com