The Chicago Cubs celebrate after defeating the Cleveland Indians 8-7 in Game 7 of the 2016 World Series.
The Cubs won their first World Series in 108 years and LeBron James brought an NBA title to long suffering Cleveland. You know that, but how much do you really know about the year in sports? Here’s a quiz to find out:
1. Who was happiest that the Cubs broke their 108-year drought and won the World Series?
A. Steve Bartman, who can finally show his face in the windy city.
B. Co-workers of Cubs fans, who no longer have to listen to their long suffering tales of woe.
C. Owner Tom Ricketts, who celebrated by raising ticket prices by almost 20 percent.
2. How did the Russians get the idea to switch doping samples in the Sochi Olympics?
A. Got tired of seeing Norwegians win all the medals.
B. Figured hacking urine bottles was just as easy as hacking emails.
C. Vladimir Putin knew someone in doping control.
3. Why did Ryan Lochte appear on Dancing with the Stars?
A. Thought a win would get him the respectability his Olympic gold medals didn’t.
B. Heard the show was big in Rio.
C. Knew that dancing around the cameras was easier than dancing around the truth.
4. What did they do with the golf course built for the Olympics in Rio?
A. Now the home of the swankiest favela in the city.
B. New practice ground for the Brazilian polo team.
C. Home course for the annual Brazil/Ecuador matches.
5. Why was the NFL so eager to get a team back in Los Angeles?
A. Jack Nicholson needed something to do after finally giving up on the Lakers.
B. Thought the nation’s second largest metropolitan area deserved the NFL’s second worst team.
C. Roger Goodell thought it might help him break into acting.
6. Why did Peyton Manning retire?
A. Said Omaha so many times he decided to move there.
B. Decided future better served by singing annoying jingles in TV commercials.
C. Knew he would never again be able to throw for 141 yards in a Super Bowl.
7. Penn State and Michigan were left out of college football playoffs, causing much consternation among their fans. Why?
A. School administrators mistakenly thought graduation rates were the main criteria for deciding who plays.
B. The Magic 8 ball came up “No” when playoff committee members asked about including them.
C. Both schools wanted their students out partying New Year’s Eve instead of watching football games.
8. Why do Oakland fans secretly want the Raiders to move to Las Vegas?
A. Because the losses that happen there will stay there.
B. They won’t feel out of place walking around Vegas dressed in studded leather and masks.
C. Heard Siegfried and Roy could come up with some magic for the team.
9. What did Ronda Rousey do after her shocking knockout loss?
A. Covered herself in hoodie and took a perp walk through the Los Angeles Airport.
B. Threatened to beat up any reporter who asked her a question.
C. Became co-host of the Ellen Show.
10. What did Tiger Woods bring as an assistant captain to the winning U.S. Ryder Cup team?
A. Excellent cart driving skills.
B. Great tales to tell about the old days when he actually played in the event.
C. His Gulfstream jet to get out of town quickly.
11. What did Joey “Jaws” Chestnut do after regaining his title by eating 70 hot dogs and buns in the Fourth of July hot dog eating contest?
A. Took a victory lap around Coney Island in the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile.
B. Put some mustard on a hot dog.
C. Quickly excused himself.
12. Las Vegas got a new hockey team, the city’s first pro franchise. Why did they name it the Vegas Golden Knights instead of the Las Vegas Golden Knights?
A. Afraid city’s image of being full of drunken carousers would offend NHL fans.
B. Didn’t want Canadians to be confused and travel to Las Vegas, New Mexico, to watch their teams play.
C. Actually thought locals called it Vegas.
13. Why did Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey decide not to play in the Sun Bowl?
A. Needed the extra time to bone up for the NFL’s Wonderlic test.
B. Thought team should have been picked for TaxSlayer Bowl instead.
C. Was upset that player’s gift bag didn’t include the souvenir game ball given out by the Dollar General Bowl.
14. Why did Major League Baseball ban players from dressing up as women in its latest union contract?
A. Photos resurfaced of Mike Trout as Lady Gaga.
B. Wives were complaining that they looked too much like groupies.
C. Small market teams weren’t able to compete with wig and makeup budgets of the big teams.
This article was sourced from http://socialsportskitchen.com